Sunday, November 24, 2013

Are you you or are you your brother?

    Growing up as an identical twin gave me a wonderful view of people and their often imperfect attempts to connect.  It is one of the things about people that I truly enjoy.  The recent comments about my nose revolved around famous people (Patch Adams) and the weather (cold freezing mornings).

"Are you that guy?"

"Did they make a movie about you?  With that comedian guy, oh ... what's his name?"

"Hey, I bet you got the warmest nose around."

    All this was just so fun.  Thanks folks for the great comments. 

    I usually carry a few spare noses with me in my backpack.  I was crossing I-5 on an overpass with a freeway exit.  There was a woman with a cardboard sign begging for money from people driving by.  I was standing near her waiting for the traffic light to change and she turned and laughed at my nose.  She asked me for money but instead I asked her if she would like a nose.  She thought about it for minute and then decided it might help with the begging and promptly placed the nose on her face with a grin and a wave and off I went wishing her the best of luck today.








No comments:

Post a Comment